A new horse is desperately being sought for Michael due to the fact that his current horse has become a head shaker - This means he is no longer able to ride/compete her. Michael is looking for donations towards the purchase of a new horse.
If you have a horse your feel may be suitable for Michael please contact via email to email@example.com with details, photos & ideally video footage of the walk.
I am a 16 year old Para Dressage rider who was born with Dejerine-sottas, a rare and progressive disorder that causes muscle weakness, lack of motor control and loss of sensation.
I began riding at Penniwells RDA Centre when I was five years old to help strengthen my muscles.
My dream is to compete in the Paralympics and Win a Gold Medal. I am seeking sponsorship to help make my dream a reality.
Could you help make that dream come true?
Achievements by Michael Murphy so far in his career as a Para Dressage Rider:
- British Dressage Para Talent Spotting Winner
- Young Disabled Sports Performer of The year for Barnet
- Lloyds TSB Local Hero for past 3 years nominated to carry the Torch for London 2012 Olympics
- Torch Bearer on 25th July for London 2012 Olympics (Between Harrow and Harringey)
- Junior International Grade 1a Champion, riding for Great Britain at Millfield x4yrs
- Junior International Grade 1a Champion, riding for Great Britain at Moorsele, Belgium 2010
- British Dressage KBIS Grade1a National Champion 2010
- Youngest in the world to win 2* Senior International Para Dressage Competition.
- Supported by Platinum - Harry Dabbs, Haygain, Equilbrium and Point2 Air Jackets.
- Based and at Penniwells RDA Centre, Elstree
- Trained by Sarah Healing BHSIIT/RDAI and Penniwells RDA Group Organiser/Coach
- Double spinal Fusion at Stanmore Orthopaedic Hospital September 2011
- Now back on a horse and aiming for The Europeans, World Championships and ultimately The Paralympics.