My dream is to compete in the Paralympics and Win a Gold Medal.
I am seeking sponsorship & donations to help make my dream a reality.
Could you help make that dream come true?
My name is Michael Murphy and my story in a nut shell is:
I was born with Dejerine-Sottas a rare and progressive disorder that causes muscle weakness, lack of motor control, loss of sensation and no saving reactions. However, this has given me an amazing opportunity to represent Great Britain in Para Dressage. I am aiming for The Paralympics. I have a very special horse Aura - daughter of Don Schufro who really looks after me. Being able to ride and feel free when you cannot walk independently and being able to compete never mind represent Great Britain is uplifting. However, I cannot achieve this without your help! It costs £20,000 just to keep Aura and in the region of £5,000 every time I represent Great Britain!
Please join me on this journey by donating to
The Michael Murphy Para Trust
To keep & compete Aura I urgently must raise £20,000
100 people donate £200 each
400 people donate £50 each
1000 people donate £20 each
we are there!
If you can donate fantastic if not thank you for taking the time to read my story.
Follow my journey on Fb Page Michael Murphy Local Hero
Thank you; Michael Murphy.
Michael has so many companies supporting him with equestrian equipment and truly believing in him. And he is very grateful to all of them, however he still does require financial help!
At the age of 14 Michael made history by becoming The Youngest in The World to win a Senior 2* International in Para Dressage. Showing at such at a young age he had the grit and determination to make The Paralympics. However, Michael still has to rely on self funding to keep and compete his very special horse Aura.
While doing all of this he is also aiming to study Physics at University!
Please help this remarkable young man if you can!
All information on how to donate on The Donation Page.
" An amazing young man, so bright and cheerful and determined !!!!! " Sharon Ghiacy
Achievements by Michael Murphy so far in his career as a Para Dressage Rider:
- British Dressage Para Talent Spotting Winner
- Young Disabled Sports Performer of The year for Barnet
- Lloyds TSB Local Hero for past 3 years nominated to carry the Torch for London 2012 Olympics
- Torch Bearer on 25th July for London 2012 Olympics (Between Harrow and Harringey)
- Junior International Grade 1a Champion, riding for Great Britain at Millfield x4yrs
- Junior International Grade 1a Champion, riding for Great Britain at Moorsele, Belgium 2010
- British Dressage KBIS Grade1a National Champion 2010
- Youngest in the world to win 2* Senior International Para Dressage Competition.
- British Dressage Para Grade1a/1b Winter Champion 2014
- Qualified for BD 2015 Open Winter Championships Grade 1a finishing 2nd. Aura's first ever Championships!
- Qualified for Hickstead Open Championships 2015
Supported by: Platinum - Harry Dabbs, KBF99, Thermatex Haygain, Equilbrium Products, Point2 Air Jackets, RVC Equine, Neue Schule, NAF, Thinline, College Farm Saddlery And Pet Supplies, Simply Rugs & Hof Kasselmann.
Double spinal Fusion at Stanmore Orthopaedic Hospital September 2011
- Now back on a horse and aiming for The Europeans, World Championships and ultimately The Paralympics.